Double Layer Chocolate Brownies.....with Raspberry Sauce

>> Saturday 28 August 2010

I have discovered a great new cook book!

It's called 'Puddings' and is by Women's Weekly. I picked it up a few weeks ago and can't stop making things from it! So much is appealing. I wondered how many calories I would consume if I cooked my way through it a la 'Julie and Julia'. This was a scary concept, so I've just picked the best.

I'm on a mission to perfect the brownie and I'm happy to admit that I'm not there yet! I want something squidgy in the middle, dense and rich on the tongue and a gently cracked top.

This one is from the aforementioned cookbook and is made up of a layer of dark chocolate brownie, topped-off with a layer of white chocolate brownie.

It's exceedingly naughty but rather nice (note the amount of chocolate!!). It's still not perfect, but give me time.......

You should get 16 naughty squares from this amount of mixture. I think it's best served warm with raspberry sauce rolling down the sides.

Double Layer Chocolate Brownies and Raspberry Sauce


Ingredients

  • 125g butter

  • 200g brown sugar

  • 1tsp vanilla extract

  • 4 eggs

  • 75g plain flour

  • 75g self raising flour

  • 100g chopped nuts

  • 200g dark chocolate

  • 200g white chocolate

  • 200g raspberry jam

  • 50ml water

  • 2 tsps cornflour

  • 1tbsp water

Step 1: Preheat oven to 150c and grease and line a medium sized square cake tin

Step 2: Cream butter, vanilla and sugar


Step 3: Beat eggs, one-by-one, into butter

Step 4: Add flour and nuts and stir

Step 5: Melt the chocolate in separate bowls (I microwaved for about 2 minutes each)




Step 6: Divide mixture between 2 bowls and add melted white chocolate to one and melted dark chocolate to the other. Stir to combine


Step 7: Spread dark chocolate mix into the base of the cake pan and then top with the white chocolate mix


Step 8: Place brownie in oven for 1 hour until golden (mine took about 1 hour 15 - use your judgement a little)


Step 9: Whilst brownie is cooking, make your sauce. Add the jam and 50mls water to a saucepan and gently boil. Mix the cornflour with the tbsp of water to max a paste and add to the hot jam. Simmer until sauce thickens and then pour into a small dish to cool slightly





Step 10: Remove brownie from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving with your raspberry sauce.

Enjoy!
Helen x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP